Monday, January 14, 2008

Jet Blue Sucketh

I just got back from a long weekend in Buffalo (hence the noticeable silence...), and I have to say I had awful flights on Jet Blue. Over an hour on the tarmac at JFK on the outbound flight, then a four hour delay on the inbound flight because the plane needed a part. A part??!! I mean, are you effing kidding me? The lady assured me it wasn't an outside part but an inside part. Um, this is a plus? Inside part like the emergency door handle? Contrary to popular belief, airplane parts, indoor or outdoor, all seem kind of essential to me. And without apology, every flight delay and travel hiccup was met with a stoic silence from passengers. It seems we've become complacent travellers in the inanity of flying. It is the without apology part that is galling to me, and I'll send off my Angry Flyer Letter tommorrow. In the meantime, PiggyBankBlues will be up and running full steam ahead this week. Ah, home sweet home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once had a plane delayed for a leaking gas line. Yeah, we took the offer of changing planes.

Ms. M&P said...

That's just miserable. Sitting indefinitely on a plane that's going nowhere is the worst. It's gotten to the point where I rarely have a good experience on flights anymore. They're definitely the crowded buses of the new millennium.