Wednesday, March 5, 2008

February Net Worth

Egads. $26,566. Sigh. At least I'm buying low...

There were some health related expenses, so a bite came out of the ING. On a positive note, I picked up some extra freelance work, so that should replenish the savings account a bit next month.

It's been a pretty frugal month. I definitely feel like all the bad economic news has prevented me from doing stuff I used to do-- like go to the movies. Every week I would walk to downtown Brooklyn's big movie theater and see a matinee ($7.50!) and get free popcorn on Tuesday. Instead, I've overworked our Netflix queue and have marched M to the mailbox after midnight to make next morning's pickup. I've done my freelance writing in the Brooklyn Public Library instead of the local coffeehouse. I dropped $40/month off the phone bill and lowered the cell phone by $10/month. And I've tried not to eat out so much. Maybe once a week, at most. Then there's the iTunes Dependency Syndrome, the pièce de résistance of my mind's disorderly buffet. (clearing throat), excuse me, now, while I go download the soundtrack from "Into the Wild"...

1 comment:

Ms. M&P said...

Yep, the market is just going after us all...what goes down must go up right? Oh wait, it's the other way around. damn.

I heart netflix and the library. Especially during recessions!