Friday, March 21, 2008

Spending $100 million

I've been missing in blogging action this week, so my apologies. I've been too busy spending $100 million in fantasy baseball. Yes, you read that right, I love playing fantasy baseball. Some people knit leg warmers, others make those glass bottles have wee wooden ships. I, however, act out my fantasy of owning the New York Yankees, apparently by overspending. Let me tell you, I give props to those small market teams because this is hard, and clearly overtakes my life. I think I even lost weight, now there's a minor miracle.

Now that you have read absolutely nothing relevant to finances, know that I'll be back next week ( I'm off to Boston for the weekend). For those who celebrate it- Happy Easter. And for everyone dying for the heels of summer to kick us in the pants, Happy Spring!

... Oh, wait, I do have relevant information! The piss poor economy is stunting overdevelpment, in particular the Atlantic Yards in Brooklyn. See, not all bad news is, well, bad.

4 comments:

Ms. M&P said...

LOL! That's great that you've actually lost weight from the stress of the fantasy team. I love it.

Have a great time in Boston and don't mention Johnny Damon!

frugal zeitgeist said...

Have a great time in Boston. I'll be there for the marathon in April.

Anonymous said...

I am all for playing fantasy games - at least it is cheaper than gambling and just as much fun!

PiggyBankBlues said...

thanks, everyone! i had a great time in boston, and happy to say my teams are ready to rumble :)

ps- good luck frugal! i watch the nyc marathon go by in my 'hood and am amazed that such a thing is humanly possible...