Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Free the Times


Finally, the local paper is free. The New York Times announced it will drop its pay-to-view-Times Select articles tonight at midnight. They now have 13 million unique visitors a month, just 12,999,999 more than PiggyBankBlues, and did not foresee the amount of traffic coming from places like Google and Yahoo search engines. The increased traffic means increased ad clicks, and now I can finally read the op-ed page for free while someone else just clicked over to the St. Regis.

3 comments:

Ms. M&P said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! And this post...I have actually been so desperate to read the Times op-eds that I pay for it every month...not anymore!

PiggyBankBlues said...

thanks for the kind words!!!

you know, truthout.org sometimes reposts the ny times' op-eds. not that you need to bypass the paper's site anymore...

Anonymous said...

Ah man, thankfully NYT is not chargin g anymore! Now all I need is LAT to follow their lead =) Thanks for sharing!