Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Jay-Z + Greenspan = Bling

In a huh moment, the Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that Jay-Z's new video, Blue Magic, featured the hip hop mogul "flashing stacks of 500-euro bills".

Of course, the ensuing maelstrom is that Jay-Z is the straw that broke the camel's back- as in now we know there's a recession a coming. I hate crap like this, like lamenting that even a rap star is dissing the dollar, as though Jay-Z has become the lowest common denominator in financial literacy. Let's be real here, yes I love his music, but the man is also a smart businessman. He's bringing the Nets to Brooklyn for basketball god's sake. And not for nothing, but a stack of fifty grand in US dead presidents vs. $72,000 in US currency for the same stack of 500-euro? Can't knock the hustle.

2 comments:

Ms. M&P said...

That is hilarious. But also a little sad. I guess I've gone old school with my dollars. My dollars and my grill.

PiggyBankBlues said...

LOL :)